[TYPO3] on-line magazine

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Mon Aug 28 15:50:05 CEST 2006

Hi Laura,

> 1. I would like to use templavoila
> Good choice, but in this case this doesn't matter :-)

> what do you mean?

> should I use ONLY templavoila?

TemplaVoilà is a particular extension used to integrate in TYPO3 a
custom layout. You can integrate a custom layout without TemplaVoilà
too. It's your choice: there are a lot of ways to do the same thing,
you have to think about your needs and then choose the best way.

> and maybe Indexed Search to help me for the searching necessity? as Dimitry
> Dulepov suggested me?

Indexed search engine is a good search extension. There are a lot of
other extensions but this is the only one using the indexing of words.

> But isn't too much work?

About what? Installing and configuring Indexed search engine? I don't
think so.

> for example how should I do with pages or articles too long... should I set
> by myself a way to perform it

For pages you have to divide them in sub pages manually. For articles,
if you use tt_news, you can set a number of words after which the
plugin will divide the news item into two different pages automatically.

Regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  www.webformat.com