[TYPO3] Hosting typo3 on a vps?

He Shiming (NOSPAM) mailbill at 21cn.com.nospam
Mon Aug 28 10:26:27 CEST 2006

"Andreas Falk" <anfa at edu.nykoping.se> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1156749051.14525.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> I hope that this isn't to OT.
>
> We are planning to get a VPS account to install debian.
> When reading in different forums http://rimuhosting.com/ looks like a good
> alternative.
>
> Are there anyone here that has experience with them?
> Or perhaps has other ideas of where to look :)
> All ideas are welcome.
>
> --
> Regards Andreas
> Sweden

I was looking for one myself. TYPO3's performance looks poor on shared
hosting accounts. But I wonder if the performance on VPS is any good. Those
VPS solution contains only like 128MB or 256MB usable RAM. Apache and MySQL
performance can both be very low. Has anyone used both shared hosting and
VPS hosting and find the latter one better? Has anyone used TYPO3 on
operating systems like Virtuozzo?

Best regards,
He Shiming