[TYPO3] Move large site to Typo3

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Aug 28 07:34:56 CEST 2006

Hi,
I might have to move a large (currently static) site (approx. 20,000
files) to TYPO3 soon and am wondering if anybody has already written
scripts that facilitate that. As the site does not have a consistent
layout atm, it will be impossible to automat everything. However, I'm
wondering if you could manage to copy large amounts of data into the
database and then start fixing the content. You could filter most HTML
tags or use them as delimiters for content elements and keep others
(like emphasis or other in-text formatting). I will probably write the
needed scripts but I don't want to re-invent the wheel and therefore
thought I'd ask first, if anyone has already such a thing.

Cheers,
Christian