[TYPO3] Classes used in css-styled content?

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at eBiology.de
Sun Aug 27 13:42:51 CEST 2006

Hi there,

for quite a while I've been trying to use css styled content for
layouting my typo3-based web sites. However, in spite of the fact that
some say "css styled content is perhaps the most important extension of
all", there seems to be only little introductary and only rudimentary
advanced documentation to be available for it.

So after playing around with the csc extension for a while, I finally
did the following to get it working (more or less): I copied the example
css file to some other place, edited it to my liking and statically
included it into my HTML template. Several problems, however, remain --
I'd be glad for any advice!

1) The classes defined in the example css file seem not to entirely
match the ones used by csc. Example: The comments included in the css
file suggest that mail forms are rendered using TABLE elements; however,
a real typo3-generated page containing a mail form obviously uses a
FIELDSET to group the fields (for which there is no class definition in
the css file). So does anyone know how to get an up-to-date list of the
classes *really* used by csc?

2) Some css (e.g. for image content, but also for some csc-aware
extensions) seems to go into temporary css files stored in typo3temp.
Any idea what goes there, and why?

3) Is there a way to use the CSS Style Editor for automatically
determining which css classes are used by various content elements and
for subsequently editing them?

Thanx for any helpful hints --

	Torsten