[TYPO3] Can I get mydomain.com/subsite to load a typo3 root page

Another Vision info at anothervision.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 11:20:02 CEST 2006

Typo3 development has been really quite fast recently imho.

I'd developed a couple of typo3 sites in 3.7 during 2005, having previously
downloaded the dummy/starter packages.

The site in question was developed again using 3.7 late in 2006 and launched
Jan 2006. At that stage (I think) 3.8 was out, but problem-solving on the
site I kept coming across threads saying things that used to work in 3.7
weren't working in 3.8. By the time I'd left 3.8 to bed-in a little, lo and
behold 4.0 was out and was all you could get from the Download/Packages
page.

I've subsequently put a site together in 4.0 which is great, but the site in
3.7 which is working perfectly well is the one which now needs a sister
site. I guess I could upgrade, but the possibility of
downtime/snagging/retraining the client for the new RTE etc is a little
off-putting.

Out of interest, for the future... How easy is it to upgrade a site? And
what's the best practice. Anywhere I can go looking for some pointers?

Thanks