[TYPO3] different template on 2nd level

Michel Albert Michel.Albert at statec.etat.lu
Wed Aug 23 15:09:36 CEST 2006

Hello all,

So far I have managed to get everything working in Typo3 more or less the way
I want it to. What still escapes me though are the TS-templates. From the
tutorial I got a skeleton for the site up and running fairly quickly.
Although I still have trouble to grasp the concepts of TS. Eventually I will
get my head around it though.

I intend to finish the site up this week, and there is one thing left that
annoys me. I would like to fix that before I release the site.

Problem: One of the requirements is that the first page of the site should be
a 3 column layout, but the rest should be a 2 column layout where the panel
on the right is removed. I managed to get that done by creating a new
template and defining that that should come after the first template. But
now, some plugins won't show up anymore on the deeper levels (those with the
new template). I figured out that if I re-enable the checkboxes "Clear
Constants" and "Clear Setup" it works again, but then I have the 3-columns
layout again. So, how can I approach that error?

Right now I have blindly copied the first template, gave it a new name and
made the changes in the copy. But I'm sure that there is an easier way to
remove one column in the template.

Best regards,

Michel Albert