[TYPO3] Can I get mydomain.com/subsite to load a typo3 root page

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:17:33 CEST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:55:30 -0500, Another Vision
<info at anothervision.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi List
> Sorry if this is a really obvious one, but I've been tinkering with
> domain
> records and realURL for about a day and a little wisdom would be much
> appreciated.
> What I'd like is www.mydomain.com/subsite to load the root page of a
> secondary typo3 site while www.mydomain.com loads the main site.
> Ideally links followed within subsite would then be realURL's like the
> main
> site so www.mydomain.com/subsite/xxx/page.html What's foxing me is all
> the
> documentation I'm reading relates to routing alternative domains. I've
> tried
> a Typo3 'domain' record of mydomain.com/subsite , but I suspect the whole
> thing is solvable in realURL if I only knew what I was doing.
> real URL has lots of options which seem to make this possible, but I
> can't
> work out where I'm going wrong or which is the best route to take.
> Can anyone give me some pointers?
> Thanks alot
> Mike

There might be a realurl way, but I can't think of one right now. What you
could do is try and put a ServerAlias entry into your virtualhost config
to point to www.domain.com/subsite. That will then be redirected to your
main website, which can then be handled differently by typo3 using a
domain record.
Make sense?

Christoph