[TYPO3] HMENU and TMENU help please

Bryan support at chillifactory.co.za
Mon Aug 21 09:44:00 CEST 2006

> TS:
>
> lib.navigation = COA
> lib.navigation {
>  wrap = <div id="navigation">|</div>
>
>  ### You might want to do these bits differently and make them dynamic...
>  ###
>

>  5 = HTML
>  5 {
>    value = More Products
>    value.wrap = <h3>|</h3>
>  }
>
>  10 = HMENU
>  10 {
>    1 = TMENU
>    1 {
>      noBlur = 1
>
>      NO {
>        wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
>      }
>
>      ACT = 1
>      ACT < .NO
>      ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="current">|</li>
>    }
>  }
> }
>
> For more information, about how to do this kind of thing with lists,
> have a look at http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
>
> -Christopher

Christopher,

thank you very much for your input, and yes using Joey's method would be
the best, but I'm still learning here and having some difficulties. The
entire site must be dynamic, and that is the purpose of using Typo3. So
in using your TS above/below with some mods, would help. But I'm not
that clued up on TS yet. What would I have to enter into my HTML
template to populate it with dynamic TS. I've entered your TS above into
my menu cOject extension, which my Menu template calls, but I get
nothing. Here below is what I've got: (PS sorry if its a bit long)

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
  content = FILE
  content.file = fileadmin/template/main.htm
  elements {
    BODY.all = 1
    BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY
# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

    # Substitute the ###product_menu### subpart with dynamic menu:
  subparts.product_menu < temp.products

    # Substitute the ###content### subpart with some example content:
  subparts.content < styles.content.get
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

# Menu products (navigation)
lib.navigation = COA
lib.navigation {