[TYPO3] Cannot select text in IE

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 18:12:22 CEST 2006

On 8/20/06, Nagita Karunaratne <nagita.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it is something to do with your CSS file.
>
> On 8/20/06, Amir M. <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > For some reason, in all my pages viewed through IE, I cannot select
> > text.  It doesn't allow me to select a line or a word.  Is this a bug?

Nagita is correct; this is a well-known bug [1].

This is perhaps a good place to repeat that TYPO3 does _nothing_ when
it renders pages that is in any way different than what you'd do if
you were writing the page by hand. This means if you have weird
rendering bugs etc in your TYPO3 pages, your debug process should
still look like it would if you were building pages manually:

1. Validate HTML
2. Validate CSS
3. Check for quirks mode in IE
4. Isolate the bug (i.e. by experimenting with the code) and/or search
the web for reports of similar problems

1 and possibly 3 are really the only items here that can be affected
by TYPO3's page generation process.

-Christopher

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=IE+cannot+select+text