[TYPO3] dynamic selection of hmenu

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 18 17:46:19 CEST 2006

Sorry, I said that wrong..

They aren't 'hidden" they are "not in menu"...

*********
I said:

I have a page structure

Root

Level 1

Level2 (hidden)

Level3 (World Region)

Level4(hidden)

Level5 (Country)

On level2 I am configuring an hmenu for level3, which I want to display
level5

Ie

I want to first select which region, and then from there select which
country's information to view.

I have tried both entry level and rootline, with no success.

(I thought that rootline might work if I only put one value for "range", but
it didn't.)

And I have tried entrylevel ...

Using value 0,1,2  it works how you would expect - ie

entryLevel = 0 results in a list of pages at level 1

entryLevel = 1 results in nothing (becs pages at level 2 are hidden)

entryLevel = 2 results in a list of level 3

but values of 4 doesn't result in a list of pages at level 5 - which is what
I want to display.

Is it because I am on level 2 and trying to configure for level five that
there are problems?

This is what I have...

# Leftside Navigation

lib.nav = HMENU

lib.nav.entryLevel = 1

lib.nav.1 = TMENU

lib.nav.1 {

NO.allWrap =  <li class="leftnav"> | </li>

ACT = 1

ACT.allWrap = <li class="leftnav"> | </li>

}

Thanks for any help :-)

Cate