[TYPO3] HELP - Site has stopped working

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Aug 18 11:37:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

Sandy Matheson wrote:
> One of our Typo3 sites stopped working last night.
>
> I can log into the BE with no problem

So, only FE does not work, right? And you go to BE with /typo3/ and not
typo3/index.php?

> When you access the domain normally you get a file listing of the
> contents of the root directory. When I click on index.php in this
> listing I get a 404 error file not found.

Do you see index.php with ftp client? What do you see if you give this
command in ssh: "ls -al"? It shouldpoint you where index.php is symlinked.

> It may be a coincidence, and I cannot see how it could affect this,
> but the only thing I did last night was to delete a backup of the
> files for this site.

Looks like your index.php points to that backup instead of correct files.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia