[TYPO3] Putting newloginbox login form in every page disables FE caching?

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Thu Aug 17 18:24:25 CEST 2006

Ricardo Pereira wrote:
>    Hi folks,
>
>    I've added the newloginbox login form to every page of my website
> using the instructions from this thread:
>
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-August/028678.html
>
>    It works great, but I am now wondering whether this will disable
> caching of all pages in my website.

Yes, it does by default, IIRC.

> If so, is there any way to get a
> login form on every page AND have FE cache work at the same time?

Write the form yourself and put it in your template. Logging in works on
every typo3 page, but you might want to redirect users or show them a
profile page. You can do that by putting the plugin on a page and
changing the login action to point to the pid.

> How
> can I tell whether a page is being cached or not?

Admin tool.

Cheers,
Michael