[TYPO3] TV 1.1.0: access the parent records within the Data Structure TypoScript scope

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Aug 17 15:48:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

Bert Hiddink wrote:
> On http://news.typo3.org/, I read yesterday:
>
> "Today Dmitry Dulepov released TemplaVoila version 1.1.0. Besides the
> long awaited feature to access the parent records within the Data
> Structure TypoScript scope... For a full list of new features and bug
> fixes please consult the change log."
>
> I consulted the changelog, but could not find anything that made clear
> to me where and when you could use this feature. Could someone tell me???

There is a chapter about it in the manual. In short, TV defines new
registers while parsing TS inside DS. So you can access properties of
record from pages or tt_content table.

Example from the manual:

<TypoScript>
10 = TEXT
10.data = register:tx_templavoila_pi1.parentRec.uid
10.wrap = “uid” field of parent record is |
</TypoScript>

Btw, there is also dedicated templavoila mailing list.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia