[TYPO3] TS to customise tt_news

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 17 15:28:02 CEST 2006

Hi all

Firstly, apologies if anyone feels this should have been posted on tt_news -
I couldn't decide if, becs it was customising tt_news it should be there, or
if becs it was the use of typoscript I could post it here ... finally I
decided here, as it has more activity.

I have been customising the tt_news for my site, but having some difficulty
changing the hardcoded labels in locallang.xml

I can do this successfully...

plugin.tt_news {

_LOCAL_LANG.default {

textCatLatest=Spoke:

textCat=Spoke:

more=more...

textRelatedByCategory=Other news from this Spoke:

altTextCatSelector=Display only Spoke:

catmenuHeader=NewsHub Spokes

}

}

Or this successfully...

lib.leftnav < plugin.tt_news

lib.leftnav {

code >

code = CATMENU

}

displayCatMenu {

catmenuHeader_stdWrap.wrap = <div class="hub_navheader">|</div>

mode = nestedWraps

# wrap for the complete "catmenu"

catmenu_stdWrap.space = 3 | 0

catmenu_stdWrap.wrap = <div class="leftnav">|</div>

# wraps for active or inactive category links in the tree

catmenuItem_ACT_stdWrap.wrap = |

catmenuItem_NO_stdWrap.wrap = |

# wrap for level "n"

catmenuLevel1_stdWrap.wrap = <div class="level1">|</div>

catmenuLevel2_stdWrap.wrap= <div class="level2"> |</div>

}

}

catmenuIconMode = -1

}

But I cant work out to combine them. I am sure it is something simple, but I
have tried a number of things, and nothing has worked yet.

Any ideas?

Cate