[TYPO3] sorting by foreign table in the list module

Andi Keller andi at 4eyes.ch
Mon Aug 14 17:05:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've got a problem with foreign dependencies in the list module.

I've got records with foreign dependencies, say there are books and a
book has a author, for example a fe_user.
In the list module the external dependency gets resolved (the label of
the fe_user table will be displayed), but if I'd like to sort the
records by author, there is no logical order at all. First i thougth
records will be sorted by their id, but it seems not.

Is there any possibility (e.g. with a enhanced list module) to solve my
problem?

Thanks in advance

Andi