[TYPO3] HTTPS Backend and IE 6

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Mon Aug 14 12:31:20 CEST 2006

Hi list!

In one of our projects we are having trouble with SSL and IE6. The
entire backend is encrypted and everything seems to work OK in Firefox.

But in IE6 there are a couple of really strange things going on:

1. When trying to delete or replace an image of an existing text/image
content element I get an error (1: Could not delete file 'uploads.....
(does not exist)).
This is reproducable: Just open a text/image element, remove the image
by clicking on the thrash-can and save the content element. Now open the
element again and you'll notice the image file is still in the list.
Delete it again and save... and you'll get the error above.
Obviously the file has been deleted on the drive but the reference in
the CE has not been removed.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour? Any solutions?

2. In the filelist-Module IE6 does not show the clickmenu if there are
Umlauts in the filename. Annoying!

Hints would be great,

Dan