[TYPO3] globalVar use and syntax

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Aug 14 12:23:42 CEST 2006

>> I am wondering whether globalVar is usable to do something similar to
>>
>> t3lib_div::intInRange.
>>
>> Can you do this?
>>
>> [globalVar = intIn|Range = { 0, 3}]
>>

> Dmitry said:
>> What TSRef says about this? ;)
>
> Where do you think I adapted the example from? ... but I cant work
> out if it should do it or not ... and how to use it if it does...
>
> I always read TSRef before I come here, but I cant often understand
> it.

If it's not there, usually it can't be done, unless it is something new,
that hasn't made it to the TSref yet.
For your case I guess it would be easy to combine two other conditions:

[globalVar = whatever > -1]  &&  [globalVar = whatever < 3]

But maybe it will be easier to use some "if" instead or create a userFunc
for your own conditions to get the values dynamically.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de