[TYPO3] database problem

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Aug 11 14:50:54 CEST 2006

Hi!

Do not create message by hitting "Reply" button! Your message went to
"can typo3 generate its menu tree to an XML file" thread!

Gian Paolo Renello wrote:
> I installed the new typo3 4.01 and it worked fine but aftger a few
> gave me this message:
>
> The current username, password or host was not accepted when the connection to the database was attempted to be established!
>   Database Error
>
>   I asked the provider and   i told me the problem was that the
>   connections opened to the database were locked because not closed
>   succesfully. Is it a prob of the new cms? Since i never had this
>   prob with the 4.0 version

Never had such problem. Make sure you are not using pconnects (see in
install tool) because they tend to leave connections unclosed while
creating more new connections and exausting connection limit very quickly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia