[TYPO3] feuser_admin in 4.0.1?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Aug 11 14:14:07 CEST 2006

>>> I am in the process of setting up my first site in Typo3. Because I
>>> need to setup an user registration, I installed 'feuser_admin' and
>>> created a test account. However I was not able to login with this
>>> account, therefore I also installed 'newloginbox' and set up a fine,
>>> new loginbox on the login page.
>>> Even with this form I am not able to sign in.
>>>
>>> Can anybody shed a light for me?
>>> The only documentation I found uses the Bigfoot quickstart site
>>> which I don't have (does this site even work with 4.0.1?)
>>>
>>> For the user registration I've setup a SysFolder directly under the
>>> root of the tree (on the same level as 'Home')

> Yes, that's the document.
> On page 72 it says:
> "Configuring the front end user folder?
> Remember the notice about the required change in the template before
> the frontend user logins would work? This is the place to discuss
> that.
> See, when the login form is rendered it needs to know in which page
> (sysFolder) to look for the users that are allowed to log in. This is
> done by setting a constant - "styles.content.loginform.pid" - to the
> uid value of the sysFolder ..."

The problem is the "new loginbox", which wasn't available when the
documentation has been written.
So if you don't use the default content element "login" but this "box"
instead, you have to do it another way.
The "new loginbox" is using a concept called "general record storage page".
You have to set this "GRSP" to the uid of the sysfolder containing your
fe_users.
It can be done by editing the "page header", setting the page type to
"advanced" and use the element browser to fill in the page uid to a
selectbox.
I really don't like this concept since you can use either only one plugin on
a page or you have to put alle the different records for plugins into one
sysfolder.
So my advice is to stick with the default content element "login", and this
will work exactly as described in the docs.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de