[TYPO3] Basic questions- how do I put text from the fields into pages?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 13:47:33 CEST 2006

> How do I define another field and put it onto my page with typoscript?

1) in your html template add

###mynewmarker###Dummy text to be replaced###mynewmarker###

2) in your root typoscript add

page.10.subparts.mynewmarker = HMTL
page.10.subparts.mynewmarker.value = Text added from typoscript template

3) clear cache and view the frontend(FE) You marker will be replaced by the
TS .value

Of course this new object/placeholder called 'mynewmarker' could easily be a
HMENU or a COA or a USER_INT among other things and is a flexible way of
adding special dynamic elements to a page that is outside the normal
Left,Normal,Right,Border content areas.

4) You can overwrite this marker on other pages using an ext template and
adding:

page.10.subparts.mynewmarker.value = Special text for this page and sub
pages only.

Enjoy!
Matthew