[TYPO3] typo3 help please

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 11 13:37:18 CEST 2006

Hi Naxis

>I'm about to give up with my adventure in typo3.

:) I remember that feeling well :)

> 1.I want to run a simple
>blog on typo3 but I spent more than on week and I cannot succeed.

Yeah - in all honesty, if you are learning, a week is nothing :) I am still
working on getting navigation to work with a plugin, and have been working
for months :)

The other's have mentioned TIMTAB, and maybe choosing WordPress or something
else. I personally use WordPress for one blog site, and it is very simple. I
did look at TIMTAB, but I just wasn't experienced enough with Typo3 to
understand how to set it up - still wouldn't be, I don't think.

>I tried for example "*WEC Discussion
>Forum...
>but I dont know how to post a message.

Have you tried posting on the WEC forum? They are usually very helpful with
getting their packages working, as their aim is to make them "newbie-proof"

> 2.I
>tried to add some elements to the right and the left column but I dont
>know how.

The answer to this will depend on whether you are using WEC packages (which
is Templavoila based) or another one like TIMTAB (which I believe is not, if
I remember rightly)

Again, if it is with the WEC package, try their user forums - they are
great, although not quite as active as these lists :)

Cate