[TYPO3] typo3 help please

Another Vision info at anothervision.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 13:18:09 CEST 2006

Just posted this to another query....

Read the Modern Template Building tute for starters...

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselec
t/current/

Sectio 1.3 describes the principles

Then you can use this in the TS Setup of your template

   subparts.colLeft < styles.content.getLeft
   subparts.colRight < styles.content.getRight
   subparts.border < styles.content.getBorder
   subparts.content < styles.content.get

Then areas in your html template marked up similar to

        <!-- ###colLeft### -->
        replaced by left column
        <!-- ###colLeft### -->

          <!-- ###content### -->
          replaced by main content
          <!-- ###content### -->

        <!-- ###colRight### -->
        replaced by right column
        <!-- ###colRight### -->

and

        replaced by border contentn

Stick with Typo3. It's not always the easiest to get things to work, but
it's a brilliant, fully featured and extendable CMS. And it's free!

There are some other blogging extensions I've seen being discussed on the
boards... For forums, CHC_forum might be worht a try. The online
documentation is pretty clear.

Hope this helps