[TYPO3] split navigatin per level

Another Vision info at anothervision.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 22:53:47 CEST 2006

Hi Tim

I've achieved exactly the effact you describe based on the Modern Template
Building tutorial using the Template Auto-parser extension...

In my html template I have the two areas set as CSS styled divs. The menus
themselves are also wrapped in css styled divs allowing you to style them
too. The <!-- ### ... ### --> areas are replaced with dynamic content

          <!-- ###mainnav### -->
          main nav here
          <!-- ###mainnav### -->

And

        <!-- ###subnav### -->
        <!-- ###subnav### -->
        <!-- ###colLeft### -->
        lefthand column
        <!-- ###colLeft### -->

[you'll note that the content for the left hand column is inserted below the
subnav menu]

The TS in the template is something like this

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {

# Read the template file:

content = FILE
content.file = fileadmin/templates/page.html

# Here we define which elements in the HTML that
# should be wrapped in subpart-comments:

elements {
BODY.all = 1
BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

HEAD.all = 1
HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
HEAD.rmTagSections = title

#uncomment this to wrap all divs
#DIV.all = 1
  }

# Prefix all relative paths with this value:
relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates/
}

##

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {

  # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

  # Select only the content between the <body>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

# Substitute the subparts
subparts {
mainnav < temp.mainnav
subnav < temp.subnav
colNormal < styles.content.get
colRight < styles.content.getRight
colLeft < styles.content.getLeft
}
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE

temp.headTemplate {
  # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

  # Select only the content between the <head>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10  < temp.headTemplate

tt_content.stdWrap.space = 0

##

#TS Setup to parse the navigation

# Menu 1 cObject
temp.mainnav = HMENU

# First level menu-object, textual
temp.mainnav.1 = TMENU
temp.mainnav.1 {
  expALL = 1
  ACT = 0
  # Normal state properties

  # Enable active state and set properties:
  ACT = 1
  ACT.allWrap = <div class="mainnav-down">|</div><div
class="navspace"></div>
}

# subnav Menu (menu_1) cObject with 2 levels
temp.subnav = HMENU
temp.subnav.wrap = <div id="subnavcontainer">|</div>

temp.subnav.entryLevel = 1
  # First level menu-object, textual
temp.subnav.1 = TMENU
temp.subnav.1 {
    # Normal state properties
  NO.allWrap = <div class="subnav"> | </div>
    # Enable active state and set properties:
  ACT = 1
  ACT.allWrap = <div class="subnav-down"> | </div>
}
  # Second level menu-object, textual
temp.subnav.2 = TMENU
temp.subnav.2 {
    # Normal state properties
  NO.allWrap = <div class="subnav1"> | </div>
    # Enable active state and set properties:
  ACT = 1
  ACT.allWrap = <div class="subnav1-down"> | </div>
}

##

Hope this makes sense... I have the sections of it split up in a sys folder
called template-store then linked to the home and internal page templates as
described in the tutorial (if I remember right!)

Mike