[TYPO3] <br /> in TMENU renders as <br> in output.

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:46:41 CEST 2006

Hi Erik,

On 8/9/06, Erik Svendsen <erik at linnearad.no> wrote:
> Hello Krystian,
> >
> > Testing env: TYPO3 4.0
> >
> > Maybe you use some special xhtml cleaning extensions?
> >

> No!
>
> But I found the error. The setup in TYPO3 was correct. But my plugins in
> Firefox and IE who I'm using to check code in output was both reading <br
> /> as <br>, and therefore mislead my to think it was an error. I use this
> plugins because you get highlighted code, also for partial code. Don't know
> why they makes this error, have to check it.

I didn't actually test this with a <br />, but Mozilla-based browsers
frequently show the source code with 'corrections'--and they have
since at least the Netscape 4.x days. When you need to be positive
about the rendered source, you need to use a different browser.

I've never seen IE do this though...

-Christopher