[TYPO3] Templavoilà : How does it knows which content goes in what defined columns?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Aug 9 09:35:57 CEST 2006

Hi!

Philippe Gagnon wrote:
> I'm trying to do a little php script to mass insert a plug-in in some
> pages.
>
> I know I have to fill the tt_content table, but I'm a bit lost as what
> do I have to update somewhere so that my content appears in the
> correct TV zone.

You must not not insert it directly to tables because typo3 must perform
many taskto ensure that everything is linked correctly. You must use
TCEMAIN to insert data. See "Inside typo3" and "typo3 core apis"
document. It is easy to use TCEMAIN, just read how :)

> There seem to be a connection to which element is used in the table
> tx_templavoila_elementreferences, but I can't find what I want there.

If you use TCEMAIN, TV references will be added to pages automatically
by TYPO3.

However if your site is TV-based, you need not to mass-insert plugin.
Just make it a separate element of type "TypoScript object path" on the
page. It will appear on all pages where it is mapped.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia