[TYPO3] Usage of flagBitMask in indexed_search

Charles Coleman c.coleman at rapidfyre.net
Wed Aug 9 01:30:38 CEST 2006

I have a Typo3 4.0 website with over 700 pages.  I am using
bk_automakemetatags to autopopulated my meta information (keywords,
description, etc).  This takes the meta info that I enter on my root page
and automatically makes it so all pages have identical meta information.
This creates a problem when using indexed_search.

Now if I search for a word on my website that happens to be in one of the
meta tags, indexed_search now returns results for every page on my website.
I would like to eliminate all meta information from the search criteria
except <title>.

I attempted to do this by going to the indexed_search extension
configuration page and setting:

flagBitMask = 128

I was hoping that this would exclude <keywords> 64, and <description> 32,
but I must not understand how to use it correctly because even after
clearing the cache for indexed_search it still is including <description>
and <keywords> tags in the search.

1. Can you help me understand how to eliminate the <description> and
<keywords> tags from my search... or do you still need more info?

2. If using bk_automakemetatags (or aimilarly functioning extension) isn't a
good idea, is there a way to auto-generate meta tags based on the content of
the actual page instead of identical meta info on all pages?