[TYPO3] Get rte from DB -> Frontend

Jacob sørensen jsd at e-privat.dk
Tue Aug 8 12:21:30 CEST 2006

Hey everyone,

Firstly I wanna say Thx for all the previous help u've given me.

Second I have another question:

I'm currently developing a new article-extension.
In this users write their article into a RTE field which is then put in the DB. But I'm having some trouble outputting the article from DB->Frontend.

All the formatting is removed and all I've got is a long string. I want to keep:

All new lines, strong, italic, underlined and other typolink tags but I don't want any class tag's or styles. How do I output this? There probably is some kind of function which parses the data from the DB to be ready to output in the frontend?

I tried pi_RTEcssText but it puts in some P tags with a class attribute. – Other than that it works perfect. – Is there any way to force it not to insert p tags with the class “bodytext” ? Or should I use another parse function?