[TYPO3] Connection with forums

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 8 16:09:26 CEST 2006

R. van Twisk wrote:
> Maybe I am to late,
>
> but here is a nice link : http://www.single-signon.com/
>
> Ries

Not late at all.  Thanks for replying R. van Twisk.  It seems like a
neat hack, and its definitely in the right direction, but how will this
help me including a feature for tt_news to be connected with the forum?
  I am sure there is a way to 1. automatically carry the MySQL functions
to create a thread in the database in the correct forum (with the same
title as the news post) and 2. add the thread's id to a link in the
actual tt_news article.

I have in my head the structure as to how this would work, but ofcourse,
I have little actual PHP experience to actually code this and carry it
out.