[TYPO3] can't logon to new installation?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Aug 7 16:56:21 CEST 2006

Peter Russ wrote:

>Rudi Ahlers schrieb:
>

>>[...]
>>Ok, you need to be a bit more clear on what you're saying. I don't have
>>access to php.ini, and I'm not even sure what to add to it either. This
>>is on a share hosting account.
>>

>>I had the same problem with phplists, Joomla & Cerberus Helpdesk. They
>>all had an option to either use cookies, or sessions. The problem I have
>>is, our ADSL switches IP addresses every now and then (in my opinion,
>>the proxy server is screwed, but no one technical enough can do anything
>>about it, and switching ISP's didn't fix the problem either). Do I
>>switch to using cookies only, and this always seem to solve the problem :)
>>

>In the backend you HAVE to stay with cookies as there is NO WAY to use
>FTU which can be used in frontend instead. If IP is changing you should
>set lockIP to 0 in the INSTALL or [BE][enabledBeUserIPLock]=0
>
>Regs. Peter.

Ok, at this stage I can't logon to the backend at all, and there's
nothing setup on the front-end. So, is there something I can set in one
of the PHP files? I'm totally new to Typo3 and thought I'd give it a
try. Fantastico (via cPanel) offers free installations of a lot of
scripts, and the only options needed to install it was to tell it where
to install it, and supply a admin username & password.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe
in, and it will come naturally.
David Frost