[TYPO3] integrating squirrelmail or any other php application in typo3

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Aug 5 22:39:29 CEST 2006

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:34:22 +0200, Nico Potvin wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] integrating squirrelmail or any other php
application in typo3":

> i thought about this too,
> but doesn't this has 2 major disadvantages:
>
> - iframe isn't possible to stretch dynamicaly, maybe with some
> javascript but i did some tests a while ago, and weren't so promising.

that's right.

> - this eliminates the function of a single-sign-on principle

that too

the other way is very complicated, because you have to rewrite the external
script into an extension, which can be easy for a one-file-script.
But to do it really good, you have to use TYPO3-API instead of plain PHP.
This is a lot of work and you need to know a lot of TYPO3.

And doing it with a multi-file-script is much, much more work!
Even if you have a central script, I don't think is not easy.

A good example: phpBB.
There were some tries to include it into TYPO3 as an extension, but it has
been laid down as far as I know.
the nearest solution now is CHC-Forum.

Bernd