[TYPO3] get rid of p tags in tbales

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 5 09:18:47 CEST 2006

ParseFunc is a function that handles the parsing of content, and is
fully detailed in TSref. (Find your copy of TSref and keep it handy at
the parseFunc section)

When the content is rendered it goes through something called parseFunc.
This parseFunc is found in the setup of the content. So if we go into
the typoscript object browser and explore the tt_content text type we
see it has a processing of the bodytext field using parseFunc. The
parseFunc settings it uses are "imported" from the lib.parseFunc_RTE
(also accesible via the typoscript object browser).

So go and find in the object browser where parseFunc is for your content
item (dependent upon the type, and if its table put in via the rte then
that is a text content type, not a table content type.) And then with a
copy of TSref in hand look at what parseFunc is doing with the content
when it renders it, and tell it not to wrap lines in tables with a
paragraph tag.