[TYPO3] tt_news: time shows up one hour later, day light saving related?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 4 18:42:15 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Typo3 3.8.1
tt_news 2.2.24

We just created a news item with its Date/Time set to 11:00 22-3-2007.
However, in the web browser, the time of the news item reads March 22,
2007 12:00:00 PM.

I've tested changing the dates to other dates.  The weirdness shows up
when the date is 11-3-2007 or after.  That's exactly when day light
saving starts in 2007.  Somehow, Typo3/tt_news does some calculation and
think if it's 11:00 AM now, it should be 12:00 PM on 22-3-2007.

Anybody have experienced such a weirdness and know a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Bing