[TYPO3] What about T3DIVING?

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Thu Aug 3 12:12:40 CEST 2006

Hi Christopher,

>> > - I don't know the effects of differences in the temperatures
>> > - you mentioned the water is cold :)
>>
>> could be possible with a dry-suit - which needs special training.
>
> What are you talking about? Full wetsuit is all that's needed.

I was talking about the cold water and that it could be more
comfortable with a dry suit (which needs a special PADI course [1]).

> Vancouver's not exactly in the arctic you know...I took my open water
> certification test in December a few years back. 5 minutes of cold,
> followed by great conditions because the water is exceptionally clear
> in the winter.

do you want to tell me, that VI is a 3mm divers paradise? I doubt that.
I'd expect 7mm wet suit + cap + cloves.

BTW: A dry suit is recommended by other divers for Vancouver Island [2]
(they also confirm the great conditions you mentioned!).

I've seen a lot of divers in germany who dive in dry suits as well - and
germany isn't arctic too - well, this year's spring was nearly arctic ;)

Bottom line: Vancouver may be to advanced for the 1st T3Dive, but sounds
very very good.

[...]
>> I would give the "Mediterranean" +1 for the first T3Dive. It is central
>> for most of the TYPO3 users, has neat spots, flights should be cheap etc.
>
> I have to admit though, it'd be great to dive in the Mediterranean....

nice!

Greetings

Christian

[1] http://www.padi.com/english/common/courses/rec/continue/drysuitdiver.asp