[TYPO3] newloginbox extension problem

James Rivera jrivera at graphicsys.com
Wed Aug 2 23:03:39 CEST 2006

Hi,
I've installed the newloginbox extension and cannot get the login to work.
I am able to get the user list plugin to work as the documentation
specifies but:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/newloginbox/2.2.11/view/1/3/

"The login form does not work! I know I have created a user and the
password is right, but nothing happens!

The login form has to know where the users are located in the page tree.
In the example with the user listing that relation is set directly in
the plugin as the starting point. That is not the case with the login
form. Here it is based on a new concept which is called a "Storage
page". The current storagepage of position in the page tree where this
login form is found that is the location used by default to look up the
users for login. So basically you have to first set the storage page of
any previous page in the page tree:"

The wording of the last two sentences really didn't help me out.
What I tried to do after reading that was create a new page on the same
level as the page the loginbox is placed, set the type to advanced, and
point the general record storage page to the users page (as the
screencapture directly underneath the documentation shows). That didn't
resolve the problem. Not only that, it doesn't display the custom error
page (assuming if it can't find the user list, it should display the error).

Does anyone have a clue what to do?

--

Thank You,

James J. Rivera
Senior Programmer/Database Administrator
Graphic Systems Group, LLC
33 E17th Street
New York, NY 10003
(646) 230-1957

GSG Corporate Site <http://www.graphicsys.com>

New York's largest Production Agency!

Confidentiality Notice:  This E-mail message, including attachments, if
any, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any unauthorized
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.