[TYPO3] creating first page

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Aug 2 07:50:08 CEST 2006

Glenn Todd wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have installed typo3 as i am evealuating the software and have a
> really dumb question.
>
> How do i create the index page?
>
> When i click "page"
>
> the second column shows " New TYPO3 site" and the third column shows
>

>      "Web>Page module
>
> Please click the page title in the page tree to the left to edit page
> content."
>
> I cannot find the button to create the first page.

You have to click the "World" icon in the pagetree frame (middle frame) and there select
"New" from the options - you have to have javascript enabled.

If you are a real beginner and want to know how to edit content in TYPO3 this may help you:

EN: Getting started ( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/current/ )
DE: Der Einstieg ( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart_de/current/ )
FR: Dbuter avec TYPO3 ( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart_fr/current/ )
DK: Kom i gang ( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart_dk/current/ )
ES: Gua Rpida ( http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart_es/current/ )

You see ... basic documentation in TYPO3 is available in many languages :)

greets,
Bernhard