[TYPO3] how to add alt tag for image?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Aug 1 19:20:53 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:

> The _extension_ does not make the alt text show as a tooltip when you
> mouse over the image. What you're seeing is either a) a nonstandard
> behaviour of the Internet Explorer, or b) the contents of the title
> attribute.
>
> -Christopher

That's right, it's the title text of the image.  Not only IE shows it,
but also FF does when moving the mouse over.  Anyway, that's not
something I'm after.

After looking more, now I doubt if alt text not showing is a bug with
typo3 3.8.1.

On 3.8, by default, there is no alt text field for images.  Installing
dmc_image_alttext provides both alt text and title text field for
images.  And both alt and title show up fine in the page source.

On 3.8.1, by default, there is alt text and title text field for images.
   However, no matter what you enter there, alt and title in page source
are blank.  Installing dmc_image_alttext doesn't help.

On 4.0, by default, there are alt text and title text field.  Both of
them show up fine in page source.

Any other comments?

Bing