[TYPO3] one tt_news template forks multiple templates?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Aug 1 16:32:58 CEST 2006

Hello,

Typo3 3.8.1, tt_news 2.2.24

I've seen one post (without any responses) regarding the issue.  I don't
find any clues in the tt_news manual to help me understand why tt_news
handles its templates this way.

The main template has:

plugin.tt_news {
   templateFile = fileadmin/templates/typo3/tt_news_v2_template.html
   useSubCategories = 1
   displaySubCategories = 1
   archiveTitleCObject {
     10.strftime = %g:%i%a - %Y
   }
   getRelatedCObject {
     20.strftime = %m.%d.%Y %H:%i
   }
   displaySingle {
     date_stdWrap.strftime= %B %d,  %Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime =%r
   }
   displayLatest {
     date_stdWrap.strftime= %B %d,  %Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime = %r
   }
   displayList {
     date_stdWrap.strftime= %B %d,  %Y
     time_stdWrap.strftime = %r
   }
   _CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
}

Everytime we insert the tt_news plugin and select
/var/www/html/top/fileadmin/templates/typo3/tt_news_narrow.html as the
template file, the template is then changed to tt_news_narrow_01.html
and put in /var/www/html/top/uploads/tx_ttnews/.  The string added to
the original news template file name by typo3 appears to be random.  So
there are a lot files in the uploads directory like the following.

-rwxrwxr-x  1 apache apache 10687 Jul  6 13:29 tt_news_narrow_e13544.html

-rwxrwxr-x  1 apache apache 10687 Jul 12 17:09
tt_news_narrow_ebfb76_01.html

-rwxrwxr-x  1 apache apache 10687 Jul 12 17:10 tt_news_narrow_ebfb76_02.html

Is tt_news supposed to behave this way, or something I do wrong to make
it so?  If I make changes to
/var/www/html/top/fileadmin/templates/typo3/tt_news_narrow.html, would
the changes automatically be reflected in the random news template files
as well?

I'd appreciate if anybody would shed some light.

Thanks,

Bing