[TYPO3] realurl alias

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sun Apr 30 12:59:56 CEST 2006

Bas van der Togt wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> In the backend of my Typo3 installation i've made a sub folder named
> 'aliases'. Now my url looks like this:
> http://typo3.geodan.nl/aliases/alias1
> But i want it looks like this: http://typo3.geodan.nl/alias1
> Does anybody has a solution for this?

Hi Bas,

To start with it is advised to build your site hierarchical so the
structure in the backend is reflected in the frontend. That is easiest
to maintain and lasts longest.

You can however manipulate your URL's to great extent. For your question
go to the info module and select "Speaking URL Management", then select
ID-to-path mapping. Search for your entry and change the pagepath
"aliases/alias1" to "alias1" and you are done! Remember that you will
have to be selective from now on in clearing the cache, because you
would want to keep your pagepath.

gRTz

ben
--