[TYPO3] Image right or below text depending on layout width?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 28 18:00:11 CEST 2006

Christopher schrieb am 28.04.2006 16:29:

> <snip>
>
>> 1. Is there some strange reason why the author of css-styled-imgtext
>> uses " float: left; display: inline; " here?
>
> <snip>
>

> Most of the time when you see strange css in relation to a floated
> element, it's to fix an IE Win float bug--and there are countless
> float (really 'haslayout') bugs in IE for Windows. I haven't analyzed
> the new imagetext's html / css, but I suspect this is the real reason.
>
> Just for example, 'display:inline' on a floated element will fix IE's
> 'doubled margin float bug' [1]; if I recall correctly it works on some
> other 'haslayout' [2] type bugs in IE too.

True, there are some "double margin fixes" applied in the default
css_styled_content css. But I tried to mark all "hacks/fixes" in the CSS
code, so that we can see where they came from, e.g:

DIV.csc-textpic-intext-left DIV.csc-textpic-imagewrap .csc-textpic-image {
  display: inline; /* IE fix for double-margin bug */
  margin-right: {$styles.content.imgtext.colSpace}px;
}

In this case (the floated columns), I haven't made any comment, so I'm
not sure what it was used for, as there are no margins set for these
columns.

> [2] http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum83/6999.htm

URL only accessible after "registering", which I don't wanna do. :)
Here's an URL which seems to explain the problem:

http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

Cheers,
Ernesto