[TYPO3] tt_news - Hyperlinks not displayed in FE

Raphael Wälterlin rw at cabag.ch
Fri Apr 28 16:23:39 CEST 2006

I got the following problem conncering tt-news Extension:

This problem is NOT about related links.

Up to tt-news ver. 2.2.40 & Typo3 4.0, I was able to generate hyperlinks
(internal-links as well as external-links) within news-articles
(singleDisplay) without any problems.
In the RTE viz. backend, the highlighted text would be wrapped by the usual
<link id= ></link> tag. In the frontend, the highlighted passage would be a
common HTML-link.

Now with running tt_news 2.3.6 & TYPO3 4.0, this process doesn't work anymore.
I can highlight text in RTE and set it to a hyperlink as before, and the usual
<link></link>-wrap will appear.
But the link won't be displayed at all in the Frontend. If I check the HTML
source, I notice that the <link></link>-tag is still there and doesn't seem
to be "converted" or "rendered" to the <a href>tag.

Internal & External links work fine everywhere else though, just not in news
articles.

I noticed this problem with tt_news 2.2.40 and TYPO3 4.0 the first time and
tried different configurations to solve the problem via TS without success.

Does anybody know what the cause / solution might be?

Thanks in advance!

--
Raphael Waelterlin