[TYPO3] Image right or below text depending on layout width?

Gebhardt Thomas gebhardt at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 28 14:30:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Friday 28 April 2006 13:21, Tapio Markula wrote:
> > /* Needed for noRows setting */
> > DIV.csi-textpic DIV.csi-imagecolumn { float: left; display: inline; }
>
> display: inline; is *nonsense* in this connection - float means *always*
> 'display:block' and display:inline is should be ingnored!
> float means *always* floating *blocks*.

You're right. "display: inline;" is nonsense here and has no effect.

That still leaves two questions:

1. Is there some strange reason why the author of css-styled-imgtext
uses " float: left; display: inline; " here?

2. How can I modify the css code such that the image moves down
when there is not enough space left?

> IMO this stucture is unreliable. The old method using floating tables
> works more reliable. Behavior or floating DIV might be unexpected in MS
> IE. That's why I don't like the "fine" new css_styled_content and in
> future I might use the old one.

You might be right here, too. For now, I'd be happy to get a standard
compliant solution that works with firefox.

Cheers, Thomas