[TYPO3] cookies

Andrea Giorgini a.giorgini at norvlit.de
Thu Apr 27 11:35:15 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> No. But you can always use USER_INT if you need to set cookie.
>
> Dmitry.

Ok, my point is: I need to implement a "welcome back, [USER]" message
*before* the login, amazon style. This is done by cookies. I'm using the
standard login (or the newloginbox, doesn't matter) and I wonder if:

1) can I do anything with TS or I just need PHP;
2) do I have to write the whole code (no problem, just a matter of
*knowing* it - storing and restoring data) or I can use some predefined
typo3 functions.

thx,
Andrea