[TYPO3] turn off help module - HOWTO

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Apr 27 09:30:30 CEST 2006

Torben Dam Jensen wrote:
> Rafael Freuler <rafi at rafi.ws> wrote in
> news:mailman.1.1145947462.13432.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de:
>
> There may be better ways to do it (with an extension or such that
> extends a class..),

I was going to make XCLASS for the function.

> [INSERT NEW START HERE]
> // How about also removing the 'HELP' module ?
> if ($BE_USER->getTSConfigVal('options.disableHelpModule')) {
>     unset($theModules['help']);
> }
> [INSERT NEW STOPS HERE]

I added that funtionality to tm_contentaccess (enable option
[enable.topmenu_spacers]),
but the XCLASS base on Typo3 3.8.1 and it is a little
bit different from the 4.0. At least layout is different using
'skin_grey_2'. That doesn't actually matter. I have tested with
TYPO3 CMS ver. 4.0rc3.

BUT certainly this XCLASS would be incompatible with Typo3 4.5.
Search for a bug report and make a new with a pacht proposals if
bug report doesn't exist.

If exist but doesn't have a pacht proposal, send that.