[TYPO3] Import/export feature doesn't keep page owner group

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Wed Apr 26 15:18:21 CEST 2006

    Hi all,

    Whenever I export a portion or all of my Typo3 website pages using
XML or T3D format and then import it later into another Typo3 setup, I
always loose the information about the group which owns the pages. Same
happens when I use import/export to move pages to another area of the
same website.

    Sometimes, after the import, the all pages come up with the group
empty, other times it comes up blank.

    I was wondering whether it is something I'm doing wrong during
export/import operation or it is a bug in the import/export feature.

    Here are the instructions to replicate the problem (or, in other
words, a description of what I'm doing):

1) Create at least 2 backend groups.
2) In the Web->Access module, click Permissions on the combo-box to the
right-hand side and edit the page you will export. Set the group to
something other than blank.
3) On the page browser (displayed in Web->Access module for example),
right-click on the page you just set the group, click "more options..."
and then "export to .t3d"
4) Under the configuration tab choose [All tables] in all table
selections, then click update.
5) Click the File & Preset tab. Click save to filename. That will save
your export file to /fileadmin directory. Take note of the file name
used (you can define your own, or Typo3 will generate a file name
automatically);
6) Right-click in some other page on the page browser. Select "more
options..." and "import from .t3d". On the Import tab, select the file
you saved in step 5 using the combo-box.
7) Click Preview, then Import. Answer YES to the "Are you sure" prompt.
owns the page. Bug is confirmed if group is either blank or something
different from what you have set in step 2.

    Since I couldn't find a similar case, I've filed a bug report at
bugs.typo3.org, issue 3353 (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3353).

    Any help is appreciated.

    Regards,

Ricardo