[TYPO3] Typo3 Photo gallery Options

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Apr 26 15:06:10 CEST 2006

Tony Zack wrote:
> I was working with the BAHAG Photo Gallery but was unable to fix the
> PHP time out issue.  I was wondering if anyone had anyother sugestions
> for a photo gallery.  I need to store upwords of 10,000 pictures.  I
> want to continue to use typo3, not switch to gallery2.

I have used BAHAG photo gallery and a little bit added new markers for it.
Your problem is that that gallery creates *three*
images for each image

* small thumbnails
* medium thumbnails
* cache image

that takes 30,000 new images - impossible to get ready with any
reasonable time. Try to use relative galleries, when generation of
images could take reasonable time.
It should have subgallery possibility (sections) - I have not needed.