[TYPO3] Able to set entryLevel for special item 'browse'.

Sebastian Holmqvist sebastian.holmqvist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 14:00:20 CEST 2006

I'm using .special = browse to show the current submenu being used.

This is my current TS:
###
lib.curr_submenu = HMENU
lib.curr_submenu.special = browse
lib.curr_submenu.special.items = up
lib.curr_submenu.1 = TMENU
lib.curr_submenu.1.NO = 1
###

As you can see, I'm using 'up' to display the current submenu-category. My
structure consists of three (3) levels. The first (1) level is never
reached, as it's a shortcut to the first element in the second (2) level.
The problem I have is to make sure that level one (1) is never shown as a
submenu-category when I'm using .special.items = up.

Lvl 1 (Shortcut to lvl 2)
\/
Lvl 2 (Submenu-category) When selected, display this!
\/
Lvl 3 (Submenu-item) When selected, display lvl 2

This I thought could we set by having .entryLevel = 2. Unfortunately the
TSref says:
"The .special property [...] NOTE: Don't set .entryLevel for a HMENU when
using this option! Also be aware that this selects pages for the first level
in the menu."

Can you see my dilemma? Is there another way of accomplishing what I want or
can I somehow hardcode a workaround for this?

Greetings!
--
Sebastian Holmqvist