[TYPO3] Accessibility/ font resizing breaking in typo

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:02:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/25/06, Jody Cleveland <Cleveland at winnefox.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Hint: compare DOCTYPEs.
>
> The doctype is the same, but I did notice that typo removes this from
> the top:

> Would that effect anything?

Yes. KEEPING it will cause you no end of problems. You should do a bit
of research on the difference between 'quirks mode' and 'standards
mode' [1]. To make a long story short, in IE 6 and under, having
anything in the source before the doctype will cause IE to (among
other weird behaviour) use the IE 5 style box model.

-Christopher

[1] http://www.google.com/search?domains=webmasterworld.com&q=quirks+mode