[TYPO3] including java webapp in typo3?

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Tue Apr 25 10:44:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

what do you want to do exactly?
I have just done such an integration. In my case there are two apps, a Java
Servlet (based on Struts Action 1.2/Tomcat) implementing my business model
(and ist interface) and the Typo3-site used for the "standard"
marketing-oriented stuff. I integrated those two using three loose coupling
mechanisms:
- the Servlet is integrated as a external URL page,
- the data are integrated thru sharing the same data base (i. e. having a
little T3 extension which reads the main DB of the business model used by
the Servlet). This could also be done using a more heavyweight method, e. g.
SOAP or a Java/PHP bridge,
- common user interface parts are created in Typo3 and integrated as
iFrames.

This works and was fairly easy to accomplish (with the lack of easyly
accessible T3 documentation for extension authors being the biggest
problem), but it has some problems, especially as there is (in my case) some
redundancy between user interface parts which could not be shared thru
iFrames posing a maintenance problem, but this could be solved by creating
all UI stuff in Typo3. For me, this was not possible because the Java app
existed already and the T3 part was an add-on.

Martin