[TYPO3] Broken rootline

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Apr 23 17:08:20 CEST 2006

>> I change typo3 name in all project. I want to change url of site for
>> backend user. For example the backend user sees this URL:
>>
>> http://test.typo3.com/typo3/alt_main.php/
>>
>>  but I want backend user see another url such as :
>>
>> http://test.typo3.com/framework/alt_main.php/
>>
> It's not good to do this and once you change the typo3 directory into
> other name, the whole site will not work anymore. Please change it
> back to typo3.

Sorry - but this is not true. At least not, if you know what you are doing.
You can rename the folder, but if you do so, you will have to edit
"TYPO3_mainDir" in different files.
Additionally you have to edit index.php and change the PATH_site definition
there and you may want to check installed extensions if they are using
"typo3" as a hardcoded part of $BACK_PATH in BE modules.

It's a lot of work and most of it has to be done manually, so IMHO you must
have a VERY good reason for doing things like these.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de