[TYPO3] TV and TypoScriptObjPath in a Container

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Apr 20 13:42:41 CEST 2006

Hi!

Fabio ex Typo3 n00b wrote:
> I have made a template with template voila, I have a lib.Obj [EL] into a
> Container [CO] and doesnt work.

There is no lib.Obj in your code below.

> In the FE doesn not appear, for other lib.Obj element [EL] out of the
> container [CO] it works.

Correct. Containers can only contain subelements, they do not have own
displaying capabilities.

>             <field_menu type="array">
>                 <type>array</type>
>                 <tx_templavoila type="array">
>                     <title>Menu Left</title>
>                     <description>[menu left]</description>
>                     <eType>ce</eType>
>                     <eType_EXTRA type="array">
>                         <objPath>lib.left_menu</objPath>
>                     </eType_EXTRA>
>                 </tx_templavoila>

Wrong code: <type>array</type> and <eType>ce</sType> and
<objPath>lib.left_menu</objPath> are all incompatible with each other.

>                 <el type="array">
>                     <field_navleft type="array">
>                         <tx_templavoila type="array">
>                             <title>Nav Left</title>
>                             <sample_data type="array">
>                                 <numIndex index="0">[nav left]</numIndex>
>                             </sample_data>
>                             <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
>                             <eType_EXTRA type="array">
>                                 <objPath>lib.navLeft</objPath>
>                             </eType_EXTRA>
>
> <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.navLeft</TypoScriptObjPath>
>                         </tx_templavoila>
>                     </field_navleft>
>                     <field_login_box type="array">
>                         <tx_templavoila type="array">
>                             <title>Login Box</title>
>                             <sample_data type="array">
>                                 <numIndex index="0">[login box]</numIndex>
>                             </sample_data>
>                             <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
>                             <eType_EXTRA type="array">
>                                 <objPath>lib.login_box</objPath>
>                             </eType_EXTRA>
>
> <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.login_box</TypoScriptObjPath>
>                         </tx_templavoila>
>                     </field_login_box>
>                 </el>
>             </field_menu>

So, lib.navLeft will be displayed once and lib.login_box will be
displayed once. This is what you get and it is correct according to your
DS XML.

Dmitry.